Tuesdays are officially you days!!!! Take some time to relax, read a chapter in a book, take a walk now that the weather is finally what Spring should be or take a nice long bath.
I have been working out really hard these days... Summer is just around the corner after all and it is important we take care of our bodies not just with food and exercise but also with self care.
Today I bring to you a detox bath. I know a bath you say, who has the time... well, YOU DO!!!! It is time to make yourself a priority in your own life. Instead of that reality show you were just about to tune into, turn on the water and run yourself a bath. Filling your head at night with TV is great and all but it does not have the calming effect that a little quiet time will offer you.
I am a huge fan of oils, I am even certified to sell them but we will talk about that another day, right now we are focused on the bath. So I like to combine oils and salts into my bath to help me both relax and detox and soothe my muscles after a long day.
Now not all of us have oils and other fancy potions at home, but this detox bath that I share contains common ingredients from around the house. So tonight when you get home run yourself a bath and make time for yourself, if you don't, who will???
What to do: Dissolve Salt, epsom salt, and baking soda in boiling water in a quart size jar and set aside. Fill tub with warm/hot water and add apple cider vinegar. Pour salt mixture in and add essential oils if using.
Soak in bath for 30 minutes or as long as desired.
- Be sure to have water handy to drink while you soak, you are pulling out toxins so you want to be sure to drink water while you soak.
- When you finish the bath don’t get up too quickly, take it slow, you have just done a lot of work in the bath, yes working on your body can be as easy as sitting still!!!
- Make sure to take a quick rinse in the shower afterward to get off the vinegar smell.Note that with any detox bath, you may feel tired or lightheaded when you get out.
- I don’t recommend doing this while home alone or before going somewhere in case you are tired or need help. Live alone like me? Call or text a friend and just let them know you are about to detox, may sound silly but hey its always nice to say hello to a friend anyway right?
- This bath is great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels and overall detoxing.
- Epsom Salt pulls toxins from the body, relieving you of sore muscles, aches and pains. Great for PMS cramps, insomnia.
- Baking Soda balances out an overly acidic system leaving you with refreshed, energized and soft skin.
- Sea Salt soothes and heals sores and blemishes on the skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps the body to become more alkaline; too much partying, alcohol, sugar, processed food and/or caffeine can make your body overly acidic. A 30-40 minute soak can help re-establish the balance.