Today I am sharing with you one an easy tasty delicious recipe that is so versatile you can enjoy it for breakfast lunch and dinner with just a few changes.
I love me a Hint of Greens, duh, and this recipe incorporates 3! The fun part of this recipe is you can change the veggies to make it work for you.
Well, here it is...
Hint of Greens Hash
- 1 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 Brussels Sprouts, chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped (look for purple or gold to add color)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 squash, chopped
- 6 oz sorted mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to season
Preheat oven to 375. Place sweet potatoes, cauliflower and brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and toss with 1 T olive oil and season.
Place baking sheet in the oven and roast 15 minutes until vegetables soften. Meanwhile, place a large pan or wok over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add the zucchini and squash and sauté followed by the mushrooms. Next add in the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and cauliflower and lastly the spinach and cook until it is wilted. Season to taste. Enjoy!
What I love about this dish is that you can swap out vegetables based on what you have handy.. no sweet potatoes? Use a few carrots, No spinach? How about some kale or chard. Like a little sweetness? Throw in a handful of dried cranberries. This recipe is a great way to get a ton of great vegetables into your diet and can be used in many ways so when I make it I make sure to have leftovers.
Here are some ideas:
- Serve as a side dish to some omega rich salmon for dinner
- More of a meat eater? Have it paired with a delicious piece of steak
- Love yourself some pasta? Skip the sweet potatoes use carrots and add to pasta for delicious #MeatlessMonday treat
- Toss some veggies in a pan in the morning top with some beaten eggs and toss in the oven at 350 for 12-15 minutes and you have a delicious frittata
- Love eggs over easy? Toss one or two on top for breakfast lunch or dinner
- A salad more your speed? Try the warm veggies over some mixed greens for a nice change of pace
Now its your turn, get cooking and let me know your favorite way to enjoy Hint of Greens Hash.