Monday's are usually a day that i post a #MeatlessMonday recipe, but instead today I am going to do you all one better and share with you my shopping cart and ideas to go along with it.
First off, let me share this... after the most amazing weekend in Savannah celebrating one of my best friends weddings it is time for a CleanTox after a weekend of indulging.
Not only was Savannah the cutest town, but they had the most amazing food, which is no surprise seeing as the groom may love food even more then I do! Well, Erica and Brian did not disappoint, I mean really when does anyone sit down at a wedding and eat the dinner? I can say my girl Lucy and I fully enjoyed the Flounder and Fried Lobster tails we shared... so before we dive into my shopping cart, I figured I would share some of the food from this weekend. I mean, it was that good!!!!
Some highlights... Peel and Eat Shrimp in a Butter Garlic Hot Sauce, Fried Clam and Oyster Po Boy, Fried Flounder with Grits, Fried Lobster Tail, Poached Eggs over Crab Cakes with Grits (of course) and to top off the Fried Theme some Fried Pickles.
Ok, well now that I have overloaded on the fried foods it is time to CleanTox, so the first step was a trip to TraderJoes. I loaded up on tons of vegetables and fruits so I can have some basics to play with all week. Here is the list and some uses for them...
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Baby Broccoli
- Mixed Greens & Arugula
- Fresh Herbs
- Snap Peas
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Water - a favorite "treat"
Now you may wonder, what will I do with these ingredients, well here are some ideas. I will also post some recipes throughout the week.
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- Avocado Toast - I found this amazing store The Salt Table in Savannah that makes Sriracha Salt, needless to say I bought some with this in mind
- Honeydew, Dill and Cucumber Salad - recipe to come this week
- Arugula Salad with Asparagus and Poached Egg - I bought some Truffle Salt at The Salt Table to sprinkle over this fancy salad - recipe to come this week
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Pear and Goat Cheese - recipe to come this week
- Quinoa Pasta with Broccoli, Tomatoes and yes probably some truffle salt and cheese - recipe to come.
Ok so there you have it, a glance into my basket, my staples and my week. I will update you all with new recipes as I make them and keep this week as interactive as I can.
Wishing you all a wonderful week!!!