Cinco de Mayo... the two ingredients that come to mind to me today are Avocado and Cilantro. Is there anything better?!?!
With today being Monday I don't want to stray from a #MeatlessMonday post. With that in mind I am gong to share a recipe today for Cilantro Lime Dressing, what better way to top your salads on this fun holiday?!?!
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup goat yogurt
- 2 T lime juice, approx. 1 lime
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
Place all ingredients for salad in a large bowl and toss to combine. Place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and pulse until smooth.
Looking for a delicious salad recipe to enjoy this dressing with? Try out my recipe below.
Chop Chop Salad
Serving Size - 4
- 1 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ seedless cucumber, chopped
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, diced
- 3 stalks hearts of palm, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup baby corn, chopped or 1 ear fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup black olives, halved
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, diced
Toss all of the ingredients into a large bowl toss with dressing and serve!
This dressing and salad also goes great topped with shrimp, salmon or chicken. But in honor of the day maybe stay away?!?! Or don't, it is a celebration kind of day after all!!!
Now tell me, what is your favorite food on Cinco de Mayo?